Educational Consultation and Advocacy Services
We provide special education consultation and advocacy services for supporting families to access quality services, including the following:
- IEP review and recommendations.
- Advocate for evidence-based programs and instructional practices.
- Related services, such as assistive technology and augmentative communication systems.
- Supplementary aids and services necessary to achieve educational benefit.
- Positive behavioral intervention & supports and functional behavioral assessments.
- Review of current educational services and programs (under IDEA and 504 Plans).
- Attendance at IEP/504 Plan meeting.
- Coaching on advocacy tips for special education services.
We provide legal services related to general disability-related issues, including the following:
- Special education complaints/due process issues, with special emphasis on students with complex needs (i.e., multiple disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and autism) and access to the least restrictive environment.
- Access to services and benefits (i.e., DDD and ALTCS).
- Disability Discrimination, such as discrimination and denial of accommodations covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.